Step Two (of Two)
In order for us to locate your record, enter the same email address that you used to sign up.
NOTE: Mobilization, deployment and NATO orders are not sufficient proof of service in a Post 9/11 combat zone. Orders only indicate the intent to go to a post 9/11 combat zone and, therefore, do not qualify as definitive proof.
- Medal, Award, or certificate of recognition from your service in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
- Online Service Records
- Officer Records Briefs or Enlisted Records Briefs
- Paperwork from the Veterans Administration or Department of Defense indicating that you served in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
- A copy of your DD214 that shows your discharge status (your social security number can be blacked out if you prefer) and:
- Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Combat Action Badge or
- Clearly stated service dates in Iraq and/or Afghanistan
|DD214||Enlisted Record Briefs||Combat Infantry Badge|
|USMC Award Report||Award Certificate||Award Recommendation|
IAVA will never share any of your information with anyone without your explicit permission. As veterans ourselves, we assure you that your military records will be processed with the utmost sensitivity. Questions about the application process? Please send inquiries to community[at]iava.org. If you are unable to send an electronic version of one of the required documents you may also fax or mail it to us.
Note: Due to the high volume of submissions, it takes 1 to 2 business days to verify your application after we receive your paperwork. Once confirmed, you’ll get access to tons of resources and great gives from the latest on the New GI Bill to NASCAR passes, concert tickets and more.